SO MUCH DELICIOUSNESS IN ONE COOKIE!
I wanted something to make with the leftover pumpkin puree after Halloween, and these deliciously fabulous things happened! They’re so good, they’ve now gone into my Christmas cookie rotation.
Definitely err on the side of generous when it comes to the mini marshmallows. I started with three on top of each cookie, when it actually wants to be four or five. However, if you want the pumpkin and chocolate flavours to be the hero, then maybe three’s your guy! You’ll probably have to make many many batches in order to find out.
RECIPE: PUMPKIN COOKIES WITH CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOWS
- 85g BUTTER
- 75g BROWN SUGAR
- 50g WHITE GRANULATED SUGAR
- 45g PUMPKIN PUREE
- 1/2 tsp. VANILLA EXTRACT
- 130g FLOUR
- 1/4 tsp. BAKING POWDER
- 1/4 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/8 tsp. GROUND NUTMEG
- 1/8 tsp. GROUND CLOVES
- 1/8 tsp. GROUND GINGER
- 50g MILK CHOCOLATE, chopped into chips
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- Preheat the oven to 190c and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the BUTTER, BROWN SUGAR and WHITE GRANULATED SUGAR until creamy. Whisk in the PUMPKIN PUREE and VANILLA EXTRACT.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients (FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, CINNAMON, NUTMEG, CLOVES, GINGER) and give it a good stir with a fork so that all the spices are nicely integrated. Add the MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS and stir to evenly disperse.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold until there are no streaks of flour remaining.
- Chill the dough for half an hour in the fridge.
- Pinch off and roll into balls. You’ll want to make 14 from this recipe for best results. However, if you want to have smaller or larger cookies, be sure to take off or add a few minutes accordingly to the baking time.
- Press 3 or 4 MINI MARSHMALLOWS into the top of each ball. Arrange on the lined baking sheet with enough room to spread. Press lightly on each cookie to get them started.
- Bake for 11 minutes at 190c. The cookies will look golden brown around the edges. When you remove them from the oven, they will still be very soft to touch. Don’t worry, let them cool on the tray for 5 minutes and they will firm up nicely. Then, let them finish cooling on a wire rack.