I genuinely believe that if aliens ever visit our planet, the first thing we should do – is give them chocolate. I can’t think of any special relationship that would be better built on, than a bridge of chocolate. Let’s be honest, no-one is going to be declaring war with a mouth full of scrumptious chocolatey goodness. So, if that ever happens – this recipe would be my peace offering. My new alien friends would take one taste and then we’d hold hands and skip off into the sunset together.
RECIPE: Christmas Cocoa Ice-Cream
FLAVOUR PROFILE: Rich, dark, chocolatey. Guaranteed to make you happy.
MAKES: 1 x 500ml tub
- 200g SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- 240g HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- 100g DARK CHOCOLATE, melted
- 2 tbsp. COCOA POWDER
- 1 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 2 tbsp. CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 2 tbsp. MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- In a large bowl, whisk the HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM until stiff peaks, starting on a slow speed and working up to high.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK, MELTED DARK CHOCOLATE, COCOA POWDER and GROUND CINNAMON until it is all incorporated and there are no streaks.
- Fold the CONDENSED MILK-MIXTURE into the WHIPPED CREAM. Then fold in the CHOCOLATE CHIPS and MINI MARSHMALLOWS.
- Decant into a tub. Seal. And freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.