cookies for santa
Salted Caramel cookies are a must for me at Christmas. These ones are extra-specially good. When it comes to making these cookies, it’s all about the ingredients. Try and find some molasses sugar, or choose some good soft brown sugar. Be patient when frying the butter and let it go lovely and dark and nutty. Choose good quality soft caramels. And for that extra touch of flair, invest in some top-shelf salt. FYI, vanilla salt is incredible on these cookies!
RECIPE: Brown Butter Salted Caramel Cookies
- 115g BUTTER, cold
- 75g BROWN SUGAR
- 30g MOLASSES SUGAR
- 50g WHITE SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- 165g FLOUR
- 1 tsp. VANILLA EXTRACT
- ¾ tsp. BAKING POWDER
- ½ tsp. SEA SALT, plus extra for sprinkling on top if desired.
- 30g SOFT CARAMELS, chopped into chunks
- Put the BUTTER into a small frying pan and cook over a medium heat. You want the butter to get brown and nutty. Swirl the pan a few times as it starts to foam. Be brave and let it go nice and dark.
- Put the BROWN SUGAR, MOLASSES SUGAR, WHITE SUGAR and EGG into a mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the BUTTER to the EGG-SUGAR-MIX.
- With the whisk running on a low setting, add the FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, VANILLA EXTRACT and SEA SALT, until just combined.
- Fold in the SOFT CARAMEL chunks. Chill the mixture for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Scoop the dough into balls and arrange on a lined baking sheet, allowing some space in between for them to spread as they bake. Bake for 11 minutes. Sprinkle some extra SEA SALT on top, if desired. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
One Comment Add yours