IMPRESSIVE NO-BAKE DESSERT FOR COFFEE-LOVERS!
This is a super-tasty dessert great for easy entertaining. It’s perfect for Christmas when ovens tend to be at their busiest, as it’s one less thing to have to make oven-time for.
As this doesn’t require any baking, it really shines if you invest in good quality ingredients. If you can, splash out on some posh chocolate! I went for half dark and half milk, but you can choose your favourite combination. You could be adventurous and use coffee or vanilla chocolate. This applies to the coffee too, as that is the predominant flavour in this dessert. I used a Nespresso pod and chose vanilla flavour, and it was delicious!
RECIPE: TIRAMISU NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE
MAKES: 1 X 18CM CHEESECAKE
- 180g CHOCOLATE DIGESTIVES, blitzed to crumbs
- 50g BUTTER, melted (plus extra for greasing the tin)
The Chocolate Layer:
- 280g CHOCOLATE (good quality, I used half milk/half dark, but it’s down to personal taste)
- 100g DOUBLE CREAM
- 50g ESPRESSO (decent quality, flavoured if you can get it – I used vanilla)
- 1/4 tsp. CAYENNE PEPPER
Between the Layers:
- 1 packet LADYFINGERS (SPONGE FINGERS from the biscuit section)
- Double shot ESPRESSO (decent quality, flavoured if possible)
The Cheesecake Layer:
- 200g CREAM CHEESE
- 100g DOUBLE CREAM
- 1 tsp. VANILLA EXTRACT
- 40g POWDERED SUGAR
- COCOA POWDER for dusting (optional)
- Line the bottom of a springform cake tin with baking paper and lightly grease the sides with butter. Now mix the blitzed CHOCOLATE DIGESTIVES with the 50g BUTTER, and press onto the base of the tin. Chill in the fridge.
- Put a heatproof bowl on a saucepan with an inch or two of water (make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl) and double boil all the Chocolate Layer ingredients (CHOCOLATE, DOUBLE CREAM, ESPRESSO, CAYENNE PEPPER) until the chocolate has melted. Then pour over the base and chill until set.
- Dip the LADYFINGERS in the ESPRESSO and arrange in a layer on top of the chocolate.
- In a mixing bowl whisk all the cheesecake layer ingredients (CREAM CHEESE, DOUBLE CREAM, VANILLA EXTRACT, POWDERED SUGAR) and spread on top of the ladyfingers. Even out the top and then chill until set.
- Carefully remove from the tin: you may need to run a knife around the edge. Then dust with COCOA POWDER.