Easy, refreshing and divine!
I’m a big fan of desserts that look impressive, taste spectacular, and take little to no effort to prepare. These lovely lemon pots tick all those boxes. They’ve got ‘easy-entertaining’ written all over them, and I almost felt a little guilty accepting all the compliments they received. Almost.
You can be creative with the biscuit base, or raid whatever’s in your store-cupboard. I used lemon shortbread for the ones in the picture. I’ve also made these pots with amaretti biscuits; the result was absolutely delicious. And ginger biscuits would go beautifully with the lemon. But really, anything goes.
RECIPE: Lemon Cheesecake Pots
MAKES: 6 pots
- 100g SHORTBREAD BISCUITS (or your choice of biscuit)
- 40g BUTTER, melted
- 225g CREAM CHEESE
- 130g HEAVY CREAM
- 110g POWDERED SUGAR
- 1/2tsp. VANILLA EXTRACT
- 140g LEMON CURD
- Plus extra LEMON CURD for the topping
- WHITE CHOCOLATE for the topping
- Blitz the SHORTBREAD BISCUITS into crumbs: you’ll just need to pulse it a few times. Then, stir into the MELTED BUTTER and divide between your glasses or pots. Don’t pack it down too much. Put your pots in the fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- Whisk the HEAVY CREAM to soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the CREAM CHEESE, POWDERED SUGAR, VANILLA EXTRACT and LEMON CURD until combined.
- Fold the WHISKED HEAVY CREAM into the cheese-mixture. Do half the cream at a time, and be gentle so that none of the air is knocked out.
- Spoon into your pots, then put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- When the cheesecakes are set, spoon some EXTRA LEMON CURD on top. With a sharp knife, scrape some shards from your bar of WHITE CHOCOLATE and sprinkle on top.
- Keep these in the fridge until you are ready to serve.