“Pooh always liked a little something at eleven o’clock in the morning, and he was very glad to see Rabbit getting out the plates and mugs; and when Rabbit said, ‘Honey or condensed milk with your bread?’ he was so excited that he said, ‘Both,’ and then, so as not to seem greedy, he added, ‘But don’t bother about the bread, please.'”
Pooh always liked a little smackerel of something at eleven AM. I’m sure that he’d find this Honeycomb & Sea-Salt Icecream absolutely delightful. Because, who says we can’t have icecream in the morning?
Don’t forget to channel your inner-Pooh and be generous with the honey. If you can, use the best honey you can find… It makes the world of difference! The good news is, it’s a no-churn icecream. So, you simply put it all together and then do nothing for a while.
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie the Pooh. A. A. Milne
Silly old bear.
RECIPE: Honeycomb & Sea-Salt Icecream
SOURCE: Kitchen Treaty
FLAVOUR PROFILE: Creamy, rich and sweet, with chunks of crunchy honeycomb.
GOES GREAT WITH: It’s icecream. It goes with everything!
NOTES: This recipe calls for honeycomb. You can either make your own: here’s the link for homemade honeycomb. Or you can opt for shop-bought. An easy fix would be to just buy a few Crunchie bars!
For the salt, I would recommend sticking to the recipe amount and then, when it has set, individuals can add to their own servings, to taste. Good quality flaked sea-salt is best. I have also used flaked lemon salt as a garnish, which was delicious!
MAKES: 1 x 500ml tub
- 200g (7oz) SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- 240g (8.5oz) HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- 30ml + 15ml HONEY for drizzling
- ¼ tsp. SEA SALT, plus extra for serving, if you like
- 45g + 10g HONEYCOMB, chopped into small pieces.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM. Using an electric whisk, start the speed on low and gradually increase to high until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Fold in the CONDENSED MILK, 30ml HONEY, SEA SALT and 45g HONEYCOMB. Be gentle, you don’t want to knock any of the air out.
- Pour half the mixture into a 500ml tub. Drizzle some extra HONEY (be generous!) and sprinkle some more chunks of HONEYCOMB. Top with the rest of the mixture. Then add a final drizzle of honey and some more chunks of honeycomb.
- Seal and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Serve with extra honey and sea-salt, if you like.