BREAD PUDDING: REMASTERED!
This recipe is very similar to a Bread Pudding, but I’ve just turned it up a little because it’s Christmas. I had a load of leftover panettone and decided to use it in place of the bread, and it did a wonderful job of soaking up all those lovely flavours. I also had some clementines to use up because, again, it’s Christmas – but you could always use an orange instead. I’d really recommend not leaving it out though, because the orange flavour with the chocolate is incredible!
RECIPE: LEFTOVER PANETTONE PUDDING
MAKES: 30cmx20cm dish (serves 4)
- 250g PANETTONE, thickly sliced
- CHOCOLATE SPREAD
- 1 EGG
- 150g DOUBLE CREAM
- 80g GOLDEN SUGAR
- 1/2 tsp. VANILLA PASTE
- 1/2 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 2 CLEMENTINES, zest and juice
- 50g CHOCOLATE, roughly chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Spread each slice of PANNETONE with CHOCOLATE SPREAD and arrange into your dish, packing fairly tightly. You want them to be stacked together and overlapping. Squeeze over the CLEMENTINE JUICE and leave it to soak into the panettone while you prepare the rest.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the EGG and GOLDEN SUGAR until light and creamy. Add the DOUBLE CREAM, VANILLA PASTE, and GROUND CINNAMON, and whisk until incorporated. Stir in the CLEMENTINE ZEST. The mixture will be quite thick. Pour over the panettone. Then, leave for 10 minutes so that the mixture can start to soak in.
- Scatter over the CHOCOLATE CHUNKS and bake for 40 minutes.