SUPER EASY, SUPER DELICIOUS!
I love making truffles at Christmas because there’s something so decadent about them. But, let’s be honest, they’re usually a mess to make and you need a Phd in patience. Okay, so these Coconut & Almond truffles won’t exactly be ready in the blink of an eye, but they’re swifter than most. Plus, there’s very little mess and they taste incredible. Also, if you don’t have any white chocolate, then milk chocolate would be amazing with these flavours.
RECIPE: coconut & almond truffles
MAKES: 15 truffles
- 100g DESSICATED COCONUT
- 150g SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- 50g GROUND ALMONDS
- 50g COCONUT PUREE (from a jar)
- 125g WHITE CHOCOLATE, melted
- EDIBLE SILVER DUST, for garnishing (optional)
- To a bowl, add the DESSICATED COCONUT and GROUND ALMONDS. Give it a mix. Then add the SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK and COCONUT PUREE. Mix well. Then, put in the fridge for half an hour to firm up.
- Pinch off a small amount at a time and roll into ball. You will be able to make 15 truffles from the mixture. Place these balls on a lined baking tray and return to the fridge for half an hour.
- One-by-one, drop the balls into the melted WHITE CHOCOLATE, turn to coat. Lift them out carefully with a fork, tapping off the excess on the side of the bowl. Then, put back on the lined baking tray. Sprinkle on some EDIBLE SILVER DUST, if using. Then place in the fridge to set.